Health Benefits of drinking water from a copper bottle
Historically, Copper was the first element known to man. Ancient societies like Indians used copper in various forms, from currency for trade to household products. Ayurveda mention the use of copper vessels for drinking water. Copper is the only metal with anti-bacterial properties, which were proved to be true when copper mine workers were immune to Cholera. Over the centuries copper has been used in various forms to treat various illnesses including cuts, headaches, and many more. The rise of Ayurveda usage in medicines has seen a rise in use of copper products in household items, especially copper vessels and cups. We present to you the only metal that has journeyed all through history, without losing its credibility and some amazing healthy benefits of a copper vessel and bottles.
The science behind it
When water is stored in a copper vessel or bottle, for eight hours more, copper releases some of its ions in the water, through a process called Oligodynamic effect. Copper is a known to have antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, anti-carcinogenic and antioxidant properties. It assists in the formation of hemoglobin as well as cell regeneration and unfortunately, the human body cannot create the trace amounts of copper it requires to function healthily, therefore, copper has to be a part of our intake either through food or water, but the human body is benefitted in several other ways with the presence of copper, here are the amazing healthy benefits of drinking water from a copper bottle:
1. Slow down aging: Copper is a natural remedy for the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on your face. It is known for its strong anti-oxidant and cell forming properties that help in fighting off free radicals, which are one of the main reasons for the formation of fine lines. It also helps in the promotion of new and healthy skin cells.
2. Aids in weight loss: Start drinking water stored in copper bottle to lose weight quickly. Copper also helps your body break down fat and eliminate it as efficiently as possible.
3. Better digestion: Copper has properties that help in killing harmful bacteria and reduce inflammation within the stomach, making it a great remedy for ulcers, acidity, gas, indigestion and infections. Copper also helps cleanse and detox stomach and also regulates the working of liver and kidneys.
4. Heals wounds faster: Copper has anti-bacterial, anti-viral and inflammatory properties that helps wounds to heal faster. Also, it is known to strengthen the immune system and aids in the production of new cells.
5. Beats anemia: The most interesting fact about copper is that it is required in most processes that occur in our body from cell formation to aiding in the absorption of iron, copper is an essential mineral for the functioning of the body.
6. Beats arthritis and inflamed joints: Copper has very potent anti-inflammatory properties. This asset is especially great to relieve aches and pains caused due to inflamed joints – like in the case of arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Apart from that, copper also has bone and immune system strengthening properties, making it the perfect remedy for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
7.Boosts skin health and melanin production: Copper is the main component in the production of melanin (a pigment that mitigates the color of your eyes, hair and skin) in our bodies. Apart from that copper also aids in the production of new cells that help replenish the top most layers of your skin leaving you with smooth and supple skin.
8. Regulates the working of the thyroid gland: Health experts believe that one commonality among people with thyroid diseases is that they usually have low levels of copper in their body. While this is most commonly seen in people with hyperthyroidism (excessive thyroid hormone), those with hypothyroidism (low levels of thyroid hormone) may also suffer from this deficiency
9. Protects you from infections: Copper is known to be Oligodynamic in nature (the sterilizing effect of metals on bacteria), and can destroy bacteria very effectively. It is especially effective against Coli and S.aureus, two bacteria that are commonly found in our environment and known to cause severe illnesses in the human body
10. Mitigates the risk of cancer: Another disease that is quickly becoming extremely common, cancer, can be debilitating for both the patient and their family. Well, copper has very strong antioxidant properties that helps fight off free radicals and negate their ill effects – one of the main reasons for the development of cancer.